Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Competition details form part of these Terms & Conditions
- The promoters of the competition are Shildon Town Council
- Only entries submitted before 1st September 2021 will be considered.
- Entries must be complete in that the entrant has provided a photograph with their name, their address, a contact number and the category they wish their entry to be considered for.
- Each entry can only be considered for one category.
- Where someone is entering in a garden category the photograph must be of their own garden; you cannot enter someone else’s garden into the competition on their behalf with or without permission (though of course you may help them to enter the competition if they are having difficulty).
- Further to the above, if the entry is for a community garden or community space then the person entering may do so as an individual on behalf of a community group or business that they are part of or employed by.
- Photographs provided with entries must have been taken during 2021, though photographs of spring displays rather than summer are acceptable.
- Entries must be by persons providing an address with a Shildon postcode, and where the location of the entry itself is also within a Shildon postcode area.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Only one competition entry can be received per person.
- Where a person has received a recommendation card delivered or given by a Town Councillor this in itself does not constitute their garden having been entered for the competition. The Councillor cannot submit an entry on your behalf with or without your permission. If you want to take part in the competition having been recommended that you do, then you will need to do this yourself.
- By entering the competition the competition entrant gives permission for a members of the competition judging panel to visit the pictured garden at a time convenient to the owner (we will not normally do this but might ask to in the event of a close tie for first place in any category).
- By entering the competition the entrant gives permission for Shildon Town Council to retain and use photographs and images they have provided, but only for purposes of publishing and sharing the outcomes of the competition, and images will only ever be used in a context where the owner and their address remains anonymous.
- By entering the competition the entrant gives permission for their name and approximate locality (but not address) to be published should they be a category winner.
- Judging will take place during the week commencing [date].
- The make up of the judging panel will be announced by the Town Council on their website no later than two weeks before the judging session takes place.
- There will only be one prize offered for each of the eight categories, that being awarded to the entry the judges consider to be the best in each category.
- The prizes being offered for each category will be published no later than 1st September 2021
- Judge’s decision on the winner in each category will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into over the decision.
- Competition winners in each category will be contacted on or after [date], with prizes being available to collect from the Town Council offices thereafter.
- Where prizes offered include vouchers or physical goods, these are non-exchangeable for any cash equivalent.