Full grounds maintenance service on all parks and open spaces owned by the Shildon Town Council Including:
Jubilee Fields Football Pitch and Pavilion
Located off Central Parade, Shildon, the Park offers a wide range of facilities and areas for people to enjoy.
- Large green open spaces, ideal for walkers, joggers, and dog walkers alike
- Full sized football pitch and football pavilion
- Parkletics outside gym equipment
- Older children’s enclosed play area including skate park
- Enclosed natural play area for under 11’s with outside gym equipment
- Enclosed accessible under-fives/toddler play area
- 2 x Tennis Courts
- 1 x Bowling Green
- Hackworth Hub Building supporting park-based activities and groups.
- Established over 40’s football team utilising the pitch throughout the season
- Hackworth parkrun – which was established in 2015 and now has a large group of regular park runners.
- Social Tennis Group- Game, Set and Chat.
- Long establish Shildon Town Bowling Club
- Latest editions:
- Active Shildon – We’re Active Shildon, and we want to get people moving!
Whether it’s swapping the car for your trainers and walking the school run, digging your old bike out for a weekend ride, or taking up a new sport at the local leisure centre – small changes can often make the biggest difference to your health and wellbeing. We understand there are barriers, be it lack of free time or expense, but we hope that by showing all the fun, family-friendly opportunities available in our town we can help you get active.So, grab your friends, your family, even your next-door neighbour, and let’s get going together. Shildon CAN move! #ShildonCanMove
- Parkletics – Parkletics has come to Hackworth Park in Shildon! Parkletics is a FREE fitness and wellbeing movement making exercise accessible to everyone. It combines the new natural outdoor gym equipment at Hackworth Park with a Parkletics app. The app enhances your workout experience, giving you goals based on your fitness and confidence levels and motivates you to get moving and feel better! Parkletics Champions who are trained to provide support to eager new users.
- ParkPlay launches 9.30am on Saturday July 10th 2021.
ParkPlay is a free event with fun and games every Saturday in the park, where we can #MeetMovePlay together. ParkPlay is for everyone, brilliant for adults and children alike, and it is completely free. There’s no age limit or fitness requirement. Just turn up and there will be games and activities everyone can play.
The park has a wide variety of mature trees across the site, supporting a good variety of wild birds, a beautiful lime tree lined avenue running along Surtees Way, a newly planted ‘copes’, -small group of trees planted together. we have recently created a community orchard, and work with our local schools to provide horticulturally based learning activities in Hackworth Park and school settings.
There are a wide variety of spring bulbs, plants, and shrubs within the well-established park. We have created a new native wildflower meadow area to encourage more bees, butterflies and insects into the park.
The Town Council have been involved with Durham County Council -Civic Pride and Northumbria in Bloom who deliver the – It’s Your Neighbourhood Funding to support local green initiatives and the Town Council used this funding to create, with the help of school children, a new apple orchard, planting around the Bear Chair area.
We have also been lucky to secure free hedging packs from the Woodland Trust to develop new hedgerows in the park together with funding from NTW-National Tree Week for specimen trees for Surtees Avenue.
Secured Funding via Durham County Council & Northumbria In Bloom – In Your Neighbourhood, to develop a new Wild Flower Meadow area, to improve the parks biodiversity and encourage more insect life into the park and provide a new habitat for everyone to appreciate. This meadow was planted out in April, with help from Staff and Young People from Durham Agency Against Crime (DAC)
Shildon Town Council will continue to look for funding to further develop and improve the park for all its users.